The Lobby Concert 25 started as part of Mécénat activities in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of Hotel Okura Tokyo in 1987. We provide our lobby space for free concerts on the 25th of every month to support musicians’ activities. The Lobby Concert has been supervised by Mr. Naoto Otomo since the hotel’s 50th anniversary in 2012 to make up programs. “The Okura Tokyo Cultural Fund” was established to support the arts and culture to encourage mécénat activities. Donation collected at the lobby concert venue will be donated to organizations that conduct activities specializing in “music”.
Notice on Preventive Measures against COVID-19
We will hold The Lobby Concert 25 with a limited number of audience based on the following preventive measures against COVID-19.
- We temporarily provide an entrance and exit for the venue from 15:45.
- Please wear a face mask during the concert, disinfect your hands with alcohol-based sanitizers
and let us check your body temperature when you enter the venue.
* If a visitor doesn’t wear a face mask and his/her temperature exceeds 37.5℃, we will ask him/her not to enter the venue.
- We might limit the number of visitors depending on the situation.
- Please keep a distance from each other during the concert.
We appreciate your kind understanding and cooperation.
Since his debut as a conductor for the NHK Symphony Orchestra at the age of 22 while at Toho Gakuen College Music Department, Naoto Otomo has been one of leading conductors who continues to lead the Japanese music scene. He successively served as conductor for the Japan Philharmonic Orchestra, the Osaka Philharmonic Orchestra, the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra, and the Kyoto Symphony Orchestra, and as music director of the Gunma Symphony Orchestra and the Ryukyu Symphony Orchestra, and the artistic director of the Takasaki City Theatre.
Friday, June 25, 2021
17:30 - 18:00
Tatsuki Sasanuma (Cello)
Tatsuki Sasanuma was awarded at the Munich International Music Competition String Quartet Category, the Young Concert Artists International Auditions in New York, the Tokyo Music Competition and the Music Competition of Japan. He won The 22nd Hotel Okura Music Award in 2021.
After graduation from Toho Gakuen Music High School at the top of the class, completed the Soloist Diploma Course at Toho Gakuen College Music Department and graduated from the Literature Department of Gakushuin University. He hold his recital at Gakushuin University in 2017 with the former Emperor and Empress in attendance. In 2019, released the first album, “Requiebros” (Nippon Columbia), which was selected by the Record Geijutsu Magazine as “the special disc”. Completed Toho Gakuen Graduate School. He is a member of La Luce String Octet. He uses 1771 C.F. Lanadolfi “Munetsugu Collection”.
- : Requiebros
- : Ungarischer Rhapsodie, Op. 68
- : Les chemins de l'amour, FP 106
- : Introduction and Polonaise brillante in C Major, Op. 3
The Okura Prestige Tower Main Lobby (5F)
* Please note that the number of the chairs in the lobby is limited.
Schedule of the Artists
Vol.402 August 25, 2021
Hiroshi Arakawa (Flute)
Vol.403 November 25, 2021
Ryotaro Ito (Violin)
Vol.404 December 24, 2021
RIKKYO UNIV. GLEE CLUB (Christmas Carol)
Vol.405 February 25, 2022
Kyoko Tagawa (Piano)
* Please note that the schedule will be subject to change. We appreciate your kind understanding.
* The venue may be changed due to the spread of COVID-19.
We established the The Okura Tokyo Cultural Fund to support the art and culture, and accept donations from everyone.
Planning & Promotion Dept
9:00-17:00 (only on weekdays)