Parking Terms and Conditions
Name: The Okura Tokyo Parking Lot
Parking Lot Operator
- Name: Hotel Okura Tokyo Co., Ltd.
- Tel: 03-3582-0111 (Main)
- Address: 2-10-4 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Section 1: General
The following terms and conditions apply to the use of the parking lot (“Parking Lot”).
The user (“User”) must accept the terms and conditions when using the Parking Lot.
The Parking Lot will operate 24 hours a day.
4.Parking Period for Hourly Use
The maximum parking period for a single use (excluding use by a season ticket [“Pass Card”] ) is seven days (168 hours) after the parking ticket is issued. However, if there are circumstances that cannot be avoided, the Parking Lot operator (“Operator”) may decide to extend this period.
5.Operation Suspension etc.
The Operator may wholly or partially suspend the Parking Lot operation, isolate the Parking Lot, close off drive ways, or evacuate vehicles (”Operation Suspension etc.”) in the following cases:
- When natural disaster, fire, flood, explosion, damage to facility/equipment, or similar events have occurred or are likely to occur
- When continuing the operation is not appropriate for security reasons
- When construction work, cleaning, or sterilization is required
- When instructed by governmental agencies or the police
- For other reasons the Operator considers unavoidable
6.Vehicle Conditions for Parking
To use the Parking Lot, the vehicle (includes motorcycles, same hereafter) size must be within 5.3 m length, 2.1 m width, and 2.2 m height, including loads and attachments. Vehicles that are unregistered, have expired inspection stickers, or are otherwise in an illegal status cannot be parked.
Section 2: Usage
7.Parking Lot Entry/Exit
- Vehicles entering the Parking Lot must have a parking ticket issued at the entrance gate, and be parked in a parking space.
- To exit, Users must insert the parking ticket into the payment machine in advance, pay the parking fee, and retrieve the ticket.
- It the parking ticket was not inserted to the payment machine before exiting, the User must submit the ticket at the exit gate and pay the parking fee.
- Those using Pass Cards (“Pass Card Users”) will be allowed to enter/exit the Parking Lot after showing their Pass Cards at the gates.
- Parts of the entrance/exit may be closed off when necessary for operational reasons.
8.Change of Parking Space
The Operator may request Users to change the parking place if required for operational reasons.
9.Driving in the Parking Lot
When driving in the Parking Lot, Users must adhere to the following:
- Drive slow
- No overtaking
- Let exiting vehicles go first
- Drive quietly and refrain from unnecessary use of the horn
- Obey the signage and staff instructions
In addition to the above, Users must comply with the following rules within the Parking Lot:
- No smoking or use of fire
- Refrain from entering other user’s parking space, Operator’s office, machinery room, electric room, storeroom, etc.
- No lodging, drinking of alcohol, gambling, making loud noises, etc. in the Parking Lot
- Immediately report to the staff when damage is caused to facilities, objects, other vehicles or their attachments, or in case of accidents
- Do not refuel or draw out fuel from vehicles
- Always turn off the ignition when parking. Close the windows and lock the doors and the trunk when leaving the vehicle to prevent theft.
- Secure motorcycles with handlebar locks, chains, etc. to prevent theft
- No sales activities, speech making, promotions, donation collection, signature collection, etc. in the Parking Lot
- Do not leave small children alone in a parked vehicle
- Do not leave animals in a parked vehicle
- Do not engage in any other activities that hinder the Parking Lot operation or cause annoyance to other users
11.Refusal of Parking
Vehicle entry will be suspended when the Parking Lot is full. The Operator may refuse parking, or request vehicles to leave in the following cases:
- When there is risk of damaging or contaminating the Parking Lot facilities, objects, other vehicles or their loads/attachments
- When vehicles have inflammables, explosives, or other hazardous materials loaded or attached
- When vehicles emit overwhelming noise or foul odor
- When vehicles have insanitary materials loaded or attached, or are spilling or likely to spill liquids
- When the driver is under the influence of alcohol, or there is danger of reckless driving
- Other cases that may hinder the Parking Lot operation
12.Refusal of Exit
The Operator may refuse to allow a vehicle to exit in the following cases:
- When the User does not return the parking ticket without good reason
- When the User does not make cash payment for the specified parking fee, or does not show the Pass Card
The Operator may move vehicles or take other required measures when an accident occurs or is likely to occur in the Parking Lot
Section 3: Parking Fee/Calculation
14.Hourly Parking Fee
The hourly parking fee per vehicle is JPY 500 for every 30 minutes from the time of entry. The fee is not charged if the vehicle exits within 30 minutes from entry. At the Operator’s discretion, the fee may be discounted or waived.
15.Parking Period for Hourly Use
- The parking period (“Parking Period” in this Article) for calculating the parking fee refers to the hours between the time printed on the parking ticket at entry and the exit time.
- If the payment machine is used, the time until the parking ticket is inserted into the payment machine is used as the Parking Period for fee calculation. The conditions stated in Article 14 apply anew after the ticket has been inserted into the payment machine.
16.Pass Card and Monthly Parking Fee
To have a Pass Card issued, the User must sign a parking contract with the Operator in advance. The number of Pass Cards to be issued will be decided according to the Parking Lot usage.
- The monthly fee will be JPY 80,000 (excluding tax)
- In addition to the terms on the monthly parking contract, the following also apply to Pass Card Users:
- a. The Pass Card must not be transferred or subleased to others
- b. When the Parking Lot is under Operation Suspension etc. according to the provisions of Article 5, Pass Card Users may be denied parking. The monthly parking fee will not be refunded in this case.
- c. The User must pay the parking fee by the method prescribed in the parking contract
- d. If the parking period of the monthly parking user extends past the valid date, the overtime fee will be calculated according to provisions in Article 14.
- e. It a contract begins in the middle of a month, the fee for that month will be calculated on a pro-rated basis, to be paid in advance. It a contract is terminated before the end of a month, no refunds, either wholly or partially, will be applicable to the already paid monthly fee in general. However, when the Operator recognizes specific circumstances, the request for whole or partial refund may be accepted.
- f. The Pass Card User must not use the Parking Lot for purposes other than parking of the vehicle registered in the parking contract. It the Pass Card User wishes to change the vehicle registered on the parking contract, the designated form must be filled in and submitted in advance to obtain the Operator’s approval.
- g. If the Pass Card User engages in considerable disorderly conduct in the Parking Lot and is likely to hinder its operation, the Operator can terminate the parking contract.
- When hourly Users (refers to non-Pass Card Users, same hereafter) exit without paying the specified parking fee, in addition to the specified fee, the equivalent of twice that amount will be charged.
- If a Pass Card User engages in any of the unauthorized uses of the Pass Card listed below, the Pass Card will be invalidated and collected, and in addition to the specified parking fee, the equivalent of twice the amount of the hourly parking fee for the hours of parking violation will be charged:
- a. When the Pass Card is used for vehicles other than those registered in the parking contract
- b. When the Pass Card information has been erased or modified
- c. When the Pass Card has been used for dates outside of the valid period
Section 4: Measures for Abandoned Vehicles
18.Request for Vehicle Collection
- When hourly users park vehicles past the period specified in Article 4 without prior notice to the Operator, or when monthly users park vehicles for seven days (168 hours) after the termination of the parking contract, the Operator may request the collection of the vehicle by a designated date, by contacting the User or by posting a notification in the Parking Lot.
- For the above case, if the User refuses or is unable to collect the vehicle, or if the User cannot be notified through no fault on the part of the Operator, the Operator may request the vehicle’s owner (refers to the owner and user stated on the vehicle inspection certificate, same hereafter) to collect the vehicle by a date specified by the Operator, and turn the vehicle over to the vehicle owner of record. In this case, the User is deemed to have given up all rights relating to the surrender of the vehicle to the owner of record, and will not raise objections to the Operator regarding the turning over of the vehicle and other matters.
- When making requests for Item (2) above in writing, the Operator may add a statement saying that failure to collect the vehicle by the designated date will be deemed as refusal of collection.
- After the date stipulates according to the provisions of Item (1), the Operator is not held liable to damages to the vehicle, except for willful or grossly negligent cases.
19.Examination of Vehicles
For cases of Article 18 Item (1), the Operator may examine vehicles (including the interior) within the range necessary to determine the User or the owner of the vehicle.
20.Moving of Vehicles
For cases of Article 18 Item (1), the Operator may contact the User or post a notice in the Parking Lot and move the vehicle to a different place, if it hinders the Parking Lot operations.
- If the User or owner refuses or is unable to collect the vehicle, or the User or owner cannot be identified through no fault on the part of the Operator, and no collection is made during the designated period despite the contact or notice in the Parking Lot, after three months from the notice, and after advance warning by contact or notice in the Parking Lot, the Operator may dispose of the vehicle by selling, discarding, or other methods under the review of a disinterested third party. In this case, if it is apparent that the market value of the vehicle is less than the fees required for the sale (including the storage fee since the notice), after advance warning by contacting the User or notice in the Parking Lot, the Operator may dispose the vehicle by selling, discarding, or by other methods immediately after the designated period, under the review of a disinterested third party.
- If the vehicle is disposed according to the provisions in Item (1) above, the Operator will promptly notify the User by contact or notice in the Parking Lot.
- When a vehicle has been disposed according to the provisions in Item (1), if there are any sales proceeds it will be deducted from total of the parking fee and fees required for the vehicle’s storage, moving, and disposal, and the remaining balance will be charged to the User. It the sales proceeds exceed the total fees, the balance will be returned to the User.
Section 5: Liabilities
- The Operator is responsible for the safekeeping of the vehicle from when the parking ticket is issued until it is collected (from checking the Pass Card at the entrance until checking the Pass Card at the exit for monthly parking Users).
- After the parking ticket is collected (the Pass Card checked for monthly users) at the exit and the vehicle has left the Parking Lot, the Operator is not held responsible for the vehicle, except for cases of gross negligence.
23.Liability for Damages
Except for cases according to the provisions in Article 25, and when it is proved that due care of a prudent manager is fulfilled, the Operator is responsible to compensate for the vehicle’s loss or damage, by considering the market value of the vehicle and the measure of the damage.
24.Exemption on Liabilities for Vehicle Loads and Attachments
The Operator is not held liable for damages to the loads or attachments of vehicles parked in the Parking Lot.
Except for cases of willful or gross negligence on the part of the Operator, the Operator is not held liable for damages to the vehicle or the User in the following cases:
- Natural disasters and other unavoidable accidents
- Accidents caused by the vehicle’s loads or attachments
- Collisions, contacts, and other accidents in the Parking Lot not attributable to the Operator
- Operation Suspension etc. under the provisions of Article 5
- Cases under the provision of Article 13
- Damage due to violation of the provisions of Article 9 and 10
- Damage due to troubles between Users, or caused by third parties
- Losses of vehicle, loads, or attachments by theft
- Other damage due to the User’s own action or behavior
26.Compensation for Damages
When damages are caused to the Operator by reasons attributable to the User, the Operator may demand compensation for the damages.
Section 6: Miscellaneous
27.Items Not Provided in the Terms and Conditions
Items not provided in these Terms and Conditions will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the law.